Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Snow moon


Remember when we sat on the moon and it almost glowed because everything else was so black? We saw the whitest horse and you said it was a Moonicorn, and I laughed well, because I laugh at almost everything you say.

Making camp in those milky mountains was not nearly as daunting as we thought it would have been and somebody had left a circle of candles burning, so we slept in that spot for the night.

In the night, you told me there was nobody out there, it was just the noise of the stars crackling softly. After that, I couldn’t sleep. The thought of all the ghosts of stars watching us sleep was too much and so I decided to stare back at them.

It wasn’t until the Earth had risen that you joined me, brushing my side gently. But I always know when you’re there, even before you are.

We led there for most of twilight, with the white fire we had made. Then we had to head back. After all we had school that morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.